This version of Gran Tour is a 2 person family bicycle for rental use on e.g. campsites with slightly unleveled and rough ground surface. Family bike competitor products are surpassed on look & feel while product quality is kept high and need for product maintenance remains low. Above all the new 2015 product price is extremely competitive if not the lowest in the market! Ideal for a high return on investment. BERG accomplished an important innovation on the Gran Tour which already benefited from years of product improvements. Unleveled ground surface namely pose no challenge for this Gran Tour thanks to its new and super strong swing axle. The ‘freewheel’ transmission system is very robust and maintenance free so Gran Tour rental companies can spend all their time and energy on making money. Pedaling forward has become 20% lighter when compared to 2013.
BERG Gran Tour Offroad 2 seats
● Reliable and safe steering
● Two rear and seats with seat belts.
● Handbrake and parking brake on the rear wheels
● 460 mm diameter off-road rubber wheels with very low wear and strong, thick plastic rims.
● Forward pedalling is combined with a freewheel function when the feet are held stationary while the vehicle is moving.
Length: 190 cm Width: 115 cm Height: 102 cm Max user weight: 350 kg
Specifications / USP’s
1. Color is bright orange for the seats and most other plastics and black for the frame
2. Appropriate for two adults (or one adult and one child)
3. Two rear seats and front storage space (for backpacks, etc.)
4. Trustworthy steering
5. Freewheel transmission system (forward pedaling is combined with freewheeling when feet are hold still). Freewheel is mounted on both sides (driver’s side & passenger’s side).
6. Hand brake and parking brake on the rear wheels
7. 460mm diameter Off Road wheels with very low wear rubber and strong thick plastic rims
8. New: seat frame has tight grip on the frame. Product lifetime is greatly enhanced
9. Demountable swing axle (15⁰ swing)
10. Since 2013 demountable rear axle from special high strength steel. Extreme product abuse that leads to braking axles (e.g. collisions, overloading) is easily maintained with spare parts.